- Visit our website and explore the placement introductions. Choose appropriate internship/voluntary work/teacher exchange placement for yourself and send us an email. If you can’t find suitable placement please write the description to the email.
- Volunteers should contact us for the first time latest about 1 months before coming to Tanzania. People coming to do internship or teacher exchange should contact us for the first time latest 2 months before coming to Tanzania.
- Send us your CV and Letter of Motivation, both in English. Tell in short about yourself, about your studies/education, about your previous work experience on that field and also if you have done some previous internships at the field. In the Letter of Motivation you should also mention the dates and the length of the internship/volunteering period.
- Remember that the documents are for your placement, not for Tanzania Volunteers.
- If you have choose a placement from our list, we will confirm from the placement that they have a possibility for you to work.
- If you have sent a description of new placement we will find that for you.
- If you are coming to do your internship, you need to send us contact information for the teacher who takes care of international internships in your school. We will contact him/ her about the contract.
- We will make a contract with the placement of your choice and send it to you to be signed by you (and your school).
- At latest at this point you need to book your flights to Kilimanjaro International Airport and send us your flight details.
- When you book your flights remember that you can stay only exactly 3 months in Tanzania with your business visa. (e.g if you enter the country on 3rd of March you need to exit latest on 3rd of June)
- We will send you the invoice and instructions for a proper working permit.
If your internship/voluntary work/teacher exchange lasts 3 months or less you will follow these instructions:
- You will enter the country and purchase a business visa on arrival. The price for business visa is 250 USD (from USA and Ireland price is 300 USD).
- For the business visa application you need to fill the following information:
- Your address in Tanzania: TVL Hostel, Shanty Town Road, House #147B, Moshi, Tanzania
- Phone number: Louis Bonzon +255 753 335 899
If your internship/voluntary work /teacher exchange lasts more than 3 months you will follow these instructions:
TO BE UPDATED
- Make sure that your passport is valid 6 months after you trip.
- Get all the vaccinations needed:
- A and B hepatitis
- Yellow fever (you need to show the vaccination certification at the airport)
- MMR vaccination
- Cholera (optional)
- Get malaria prophylaxis
- Get adequate insurance for yourself and your luggage
- Typhoid fever (optional)